Bitcoin Core 23.2
23.2 Release Notes
Bitcoin Core version 23.2 is now available from:
This release includes various bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as updated translations.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at GitHub:
To receive security and update notifications, please subscribe to:
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes in some cases), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over
/Applications/Bitcoin-Qt (on macOS)
bitcoin-qt (on Linux).
Upgrading directly from a version of Bitcoin Core that has reached its EOL is possible, but it might take some time if the data directory needs to be migrated. Old wallet versions of Bitcoin Core are generally supported.
Bitcoin Core is supported and extensively tested on operating systems using the Linux kernel, macOS 10.15+, and Windows 7 and newer. Bitcoin Core should also work on most other Unix-like systems but is not as frequently tested on them. It is not recommended to use Bitcoin Core on unsupported systems.
- #26909 net: prevent peers.dat corruptions by only serializing once
- #27608 p2p: Avoid prematurely clearing download state for other peers
- #27610 Improve performance of p2p inv to send queues
- #25436 build: suppress array-bounds errors in libxkbcommon
- #25763 bdb: disable Werror for format-security
- #26944 depends: fix systemtap download URL
- #27462 depends: fix compiling bdb with clang-16 on aarch64
- #25444 ci: macOS task imrovements
- #26388 ci: Use macos-ventura-xcode:14.1 image for “macOS native” task
- #26924 refactor: Add missing includes to fix gcc-13 compile error
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release:
- Anthony Towns
- Hennadii Stepanov
- Martin Zumsande
- Michael Ford
- Suhas Daftuar
As well as to everyone that helped with translations on Transifex.