IRC meeting summary for 2017-04-06
Notes / short topics
- A lot of developers were present at the Financial Cryptography conference, making this a short meeting.
- 0.14.1 RC1 was tagged and gitian builds are in progress
- Jtimon added more ideas to the TODO list aimed at developers new to the Bitcoin Core project to get familiar with contributing to Bitcoin Core.
- Work in progress
- High priority review
Work in progress
Since a lot of developers where missing or not focussed on the meeting because of the Financial Cryptography conference Sdaftuar asked if anyone wanted to give updates on what they’re working on, to get some overview and conversations started.
- Luke-jr is working on an UTXO index by scriptPubKey for sweeping purposes. Wumpus points out PR #9806 is trying to do the same.
- Jonasschnelli is working on a Bloom Filter Digest which he’d like to have for the hybrid full block SPV mode talked about in 2016-11-10 meeting.
- Sipa has been working on things related to database/cache/flush/memory usage.
- Morcos is coding and recoding fee estimation for months, but it’s much more complicated and will be hard to review.
- Sdaftuar has been working on CreateNewBlock, introducing a way to skip recently added transactions if the block income for doing so is below some theshold.
- Jtimon worked on some refactoring PRs, like #9494, #10119 and [#101118]
High priority review
High priority review project on Github.
Jtimon thinks PR #7729 (introduce ‘label’ API for wallet) should be added to the priority list, as it blocks the removal of the accounts system. Wumpus agrees, but notes people should review the API, not the code, as that is outdated by now.
|wumpus||Wladimir van der Laan|
This summary was compiled without input from any of the participants in the discussion, so any errors are the fault of the summary author and not the discussion participants.